To us, summer is synonymous to mangoes. Rightly called the king of fruits, ripe and juicy mangoes melt our hearts and make us grin in no time. In fact, mango is one of those very few things that keep us distracted from the scorching heat outside. From having mangoes as is to adding to our milkshakes, lassi and smoothies – we just love sneaking mangoes in almost every food we have during the season. While these classic mango recipes remain our all-time favourite, we often like to go creative and experiment with exotic and fancy dishes from across the world. One such instance is mango sticky rice.
A classic Thai dessert, mango sticky rice is basically an exotic various to our usual mango kheer. Also called Khao Neow Ma Muang, it is quintessentially made with sticky rice, mangoes, coconut milk, salt and sugar (or palm sugar). To this, you can add some roasted moong dal or sesame seeds for a crunchy texture. We also like replacing the regular sticky rice with black rice to add a beautiful purple colour to our meal.
How To Make Mango Sticky Rice | Mango Sticky Rice Recipe:
Mango sticky rice follows a very simple recipe where boiled sticky rice is mixed with coconut milk and served with mangoes by the side. While some like making a puree and drizzling on top of the rice, others enjoy a spicy mango sauce made with salt, sugar and chilli. If you ask us, we like keeping things basic to get the best flavours out of the dish. In our recipe, we just slice the mangoes and have it along with the coconut milk-infused rice. Take a look:
Step 1. Heat coconut milk with some salt and sugar. Mix everything together.
Step 2. Boil it till it thickens.
Step 3. Now, add the milk to the cooked sticky rice. Mix everything together.
Step 4. Transfer the rice on a plate and keep some slices ripe mangoes by the side.
Step 5. Pour some sugar and salt-infused coconut milk on the rice. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve.
Watch the step-by-step recipe video in the header.
Try this dish and let us know how you like it. And always remember, the gelatinous texture of the sticky rice adds to the beauty of the whole dish. So, get hold of a packet of sticky rice before you plan to prepare the dish.
Here we have 5 good quality sticky rice options for you:
Disclaimer: This is promoted content with links from our affiliate partnerships. We get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.
History, Significance and Celebrations of Eid after Ramadan
Eid ul Fitr is commemorated on the opening day of the Shawwal month and Muslims across the world pay their honour to Allah for offering them health and resistance through the month-long fasting time called Ramzan or Ramadan.
The occasion signifies the end of Ramadan, the Islamic sacred month of fasting and is observed by Muslims all across the world. Eid al-Fitr means the “Festival of breaking fast.” The date of Eid ul Fitr is decided after the sighting of the crescent moon. In India, Eid ul Fitr will be celebrated on Friday, May 14. On Eid ul Fitr, people wear new clothes, preparing delicacies and doing charity. They also visit their family and friends for festivities.
It is generally accepted that Prophet Muhammad received the first vision of the Holy Quran during the holy month of Ramzan. Eid al-Fitr signified the end of fasting from dawn to dusk throughout Ramadan and the opening of the Shawwal month. Eid ul Fitr is also observed to pay tribute to Allah for bestowing strength and courage during the month-long fasting customs.
It is a common belief that good actions are repaid 10 times in Islam and therefore the 30-day fasting season of Ramadan furnishes prosperity, harmony and peace to all individuals who endorse and dedicate themselves to the sacred cause.
Muslims across the world observe Eid ul Fitr by exercising prayers that are succeeded by a sermon shortly after sunrise. The day proceeds with devotees slipping in new clothes, offering greetings by saying “Eid Mubarak”, and also by sharing sweets. Children are given gifts and cash from elders which is termed as Eidi.
The celebration is unfinished without a comprehensive food menu including a host of delicacies like Haleem, Kebabs, Biryani, Nihari and mouth-watering desserts like Seviyan.
Eid Mubarak Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status, Messages, Photos and Greetings
Eid ul Fitr, an auspicious festival of Muslims, is celebrated with much fanfare globally. The date of Eid ul Fitr is decided after the sighting of the crescent moon. In India, Eid ul Fitr will be celebrated on Friday, May 14. On Eid ul Fitr, people wear new clothes, preparing delicacies and doing charity. They also visit their family and friends for festivities.
However, like last year, this year’s too Eid ul Fitr celebrations will be different as large gatherings are prohibited in view of the coronavirus pandemic. People are advised to say at home to protect themselves from COVID-19 and contain the spread of coronavirus.
Various Islamic leaders and governments across the world have asked people to offer prayers at home instead of gathering in large numbers at mosques. With coronavirus lockdown and social distancing norms in place, people can wish their near and dear ones through video calls, on social media or text messages.
Here are some of the messages which you can send to your family and friends on the occasion of Eid 2021.
1. There’s no greater blessing than that of Allah. There’s no greater happiness than that of attaining pure Bliss. Eid Mubarak to you and your family! Eid ul Fitr 2021
2. Eid is a day to cheer and to laugh with all your heart. It’s a day to be grateful to Allah for all of his heavenly blessings on us. Wishing you a Happy Eid 2021
3. Eid Mubarak! Seize the moment and be happy. Because very little is needed to make a happy life, it’s all within yourself and your way of thinking. Happy Eid 2021
4. Before we ask for happiness and prosperity, we should ask for mercy. May Allah shower his mercy on us. Eid Mubarak!
5. Accept the blessings of Allah with all your heart and forget the sorrows that burden your soul. Enjoy the moments you share with your family. Happy Eid!
6. Let this Eid be the occasion of sharing the love and caring for the people who need to be loved and cared. Eid Mubarak to all!
7. May this Eid bring joy and love to your heart and create all the opportunities of success for you! Eid Mubarak.
8. You can bring a smile on face even when I am feeling sad. A friend like is a treasure to keep forever. May Allah shower his blessings on you. Eid Mubarak dear!
9. May this Eid brings you joys unlimited, may all your wishes come true on this holy day, may Allah approve your kind deeds, forgive your disobedience and sins, and ease the suffering of all individuals around the globe. Eid Mubarak blessed by the grace of Allah. Eid Mubarak!
10. Eid is a day of sharing what we have and caring for others. May you have a wonderful Eid this year!
Shahi Imam Declares Eid Celebrations in India on Friday
Shahi Imam Ahmed Bukhari announces Eid al-Fitr to be celebrated on Friday, May 14 as Moon was not sighted on Wednesday. Earlier, the Saudi Arabia’s moon sighting committee on Tuesday night announced that the crescent or Shawwal moon had not been sighted. Therefore, Wednesday, May 12, will be the last day of the holy month of Ramadan, and the first day of Eid-al-Fitr will be celebrated on Thursday, May 13.
The festival depends on the lunar calendar and is celebrated across the world on the first day of Shawwal, the tenth month of the Islamic calendar Hijri. In India, the holy festival is marked on the second day of moon sighting in Saudi Arabia. Hence, Eid-ul-Fitr in India will be celebrated on Friday, May 14.
Eid al-Fitr Date:
In India, the month of Ramadan began on April 14. According to Islamic traditions, the tenth month begins with the sighting of the crescent moon in the sky. The sighting of the moon on the last day of Ramadan confirms the arrival of Eid al-Fitr for the next day. In India Eid-ul-Fitr will be observed on Friday, May 14.
The Shawwal moon is first sighted in Saudi Arabia, home to the holiest site of the religion, Mecca. After Saudi Arabia sights the moon, it confirms the date for Eid in other countries.
Festival of charity and gratitude
With the coronavirus pandemic ravaging through the country and other parts of the world, it is expected that Eid celebrations will be low-key. Eid al-Fitr is also known as a festival of charity and gratitude that brings deep spiritual awakening for its followers.
One of the five pillars of Islam is zakat that means charity and on this day followers believe in giving money, food, clothes and other items of necessity to the poor. In fact, many Muslims give Zakat before offering Eid prayers. Children also receive eidi from elders, which can be in the form of money or a gift.
The day signifies the value of togetherness, harmony and celebration of life. After a month of fasting, Eid al-Fitr also brings some hearty feast for its followers. The main dish of this festival is a sweet kheer or seviyan. Other food items include Biryani, kebabs, and nihari.
10 Best Sex Toys Available Online Which Will Change Your Private Life (According To Sex Therapist)
We asked sex therapists to share the sex toys and products they think every grown-up should have in their bedroom....
(Viral) Here’s Come The Party Owl | Internet Trending Meme 2021
Internet is full of fun, specially if it's about the 'memes'. Recent snappy video of an Owl is getting viral...
Woman Gives Birth To 9 Babies | Created New World Record
It's a new world record has been set for the most number of birth given at a time, with a...
Shocking! List Of Bollywood Actor’s & Actress Tested Positive For COVID-19 (Updated 2021)
The number of Covid-19 cases in India are at a rise. Likewise, many Bollywood celebrities have also tested positive despite...
How To Make ‘Chilly Eggs’ Like Restaurant Style At Home?
Question: How to make restaurant style Chilly Eggs at home?Answer: Just watch the full video! If you like this video,...
- History, Significance and Celebrations of Eid after Ramadan May 13, 2021
- Karnataka Temporarily Suspends Vaccination For 18-44 Age Group, Will Prioritise Second Dose May 13, 2021
- Eid Mubarak Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status, Messages, Photos and Greetings May 13, 2021
- Check Out Tithi, Shubh Muhurat, Rahu Kaal and Other Details For Thursday May 12, 2021
- Yogi Adityanath Takes Cognisance of Bodies Dumped in Ganga; UP-Bihar Govts Blame Each Other May 12, 2021
- No More Shortage of Oxygen & Medicines, Says MP Health Minister at Packed Hall in Indore, Congress Cries Foul May 12, 2021
- Maharashtra Cabinet Bats for Lockdown Till May 31; Vaccination for 18-44 Age Group Halted May 12, 2021
- 2 Crore Covaxin Doses to be Produced Per Month at PSU Plant in UP’s Bulandshahr May 12, 2021
- Immediate De-escalation Need of the Hour, Says India on Israel-Gaza Violence May 12, 2021
- Bengal CM, Governor in War or Words Over Dhankhar’s Planned Visit to Post-poll Hit Areas May 12, 2021
NEWS4 weeks ago
US, Japan Pledge To Build Free, Open, Accessible, Diverse & Thriving Indo-Pacific
NEWS2 weeks ago
Delhi govt books 240 hotel rooms for Covid-19 treatment of govt officials
NEWS2 weeks ago
Fully-vaccinated Americans Don’t Need to Wear Masks Outdoors Unless in a Big Crowd: CDC
HEALTH2 weeks ago
How To Manage Mental And Emotional Well Being After Recovering From Coronavirus
NEWS2 weeks ago
‘White Supremacy is Terrorism’: President Biden
HEALTH2 weeks ago
Things To Follow In Home Quarantine; People Around Should Take Precautions
HEALTH2 weeks ago
Wearing A Mask Is Necessary; What’s The Right Way To Wear It
NEWS2 weeks ago
China Launches First Module for New Space Station