Chutneys are such a fabulous condiment in Indian cuisine. Among the myriad, delicious chutneys, tomato chutney has been the most common variant, savoured in almost every Indian household. There’s no after-meal treat like a syrupy, slurpy tomato chutney.
Sweet, spicy blend of tasty chutney melting in mouth to wrap up your lunch or relish as a side kick to uttapam, vada, rava dhokla, vegetable kebab, nachos- tomato chutney is simply superb.
The best part of this tangy, spicy, sweet tomato chutney is that you can prepare it according to your personal preference. Here are two varieties of this mouth-watering tomato chutney- a South Indian cuisine inspired one and a East Indian cuisine type.
Take a look.
To make this recipe inspired from South Indian kitchen you need:
1 tbsp refined oil
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
8-10 curry leaves
1 Garlic Cloves(Crushed)
1 tsp grated ginger
5 tsp Red Chilli Powder
½ tsp Black Pepper
½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Vinegar
Now get to cooking by heating a pan with oil. Put the mustard seeds, curry leaves and let it sputter for a moment. Add grated ginger, garlic cloves into it and sauté.
Next, add tomatoes and wait till it assumes a thick consistency. Sprinkle red chilli powder if you like it spicy, along with black pepper, salt, sugar and vinegar.
Let the ingredients mix thoroughly and switch off the heat. With only 10 minutes cooking time, you get a delicious tomato chutney just like that.
Now coming to the other yummy East Indian kitchen inspired variety, you would need:
49gm pitted Dates
500 gm tomatoes
80 gm mango pulp candy
40 gm raisins
25 gm cashews
1 tsp sugar and ½ tsp salt
½ tsp turmeric
20 gm mustard oil
1 pc dried red chilli
½ tsp panch phoron
½ tsp citric acid
Heat oil and temper it with dried red chilli, panch phoron.
Add the tomatoes, along with the salt, turmeric.
Cook for 5 minutes covered, until they have softened. Add the citric acid and cook, covered for another 2 minutes until the tomatoes are completely soft and mushy.
Then add cashew, sugar, raisin, mango pulp candy and boil for 2 minutes.
This is going to be sweet and slightly tart. It is a popular, high in demand recipe in all festivities.
Side note: This lip-smacking recipe is a huge hit in ‘pujo bhog’ (offerings in Saraswati Puja, Durga Puja) menu savoured with fries at the end of meals.
Take your pick.
Cook up your preferred variety and savour just the way you want it to be.
Top 5 Reasons Why Green Tea is Good for you
Green tea, often touted as the ‘antioxidant elixir’, is one of the healthiest drinks one can think of. Since centuries, green tea has been held in high esteem for its medicinal properties.
It cushions us from many chronic ailments owing to its anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties; its ability to prevent cell damage, delay ageing, and endless other beneficial properties.
Brimming with healthy bioactive compounds green tea is an excellent hydrating drink.
A look at its benefits:
1. Averts cancer risks: Polyphenols present in green tea aid in killing the cancerous cells and prevent their growth. Subsequently, due to the powerful anti-carcinogenic properties, its consumption reduces chances of cancer in bladder, colorectal, lung, prostate, breast, skin, stomach, ovary.
2. Mood booster: Green tea possesses L-theanine which enhances levels of serotonin (happy hormone) and dopamine. As a result, it helps to relax the mind, make one feel calm, and also promote alertness. It is a stress reliever and concentration booster at the same time. It reduces the risks of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
3. Supports weight loss: Studies have revealed that replacing a soda with 1-2 cups of green tea everyday, will save 50,000 calories annually. Now that’s a whole lot of calories you dodged on your way to weight loss, if you opt for this healthy beverage instead of colas. Moreover, the benefit of enhanced metabolism on green tea consumption, is an additional bonus that helps burn the fat away.
4. Diabetic-friendly: Consumption of green tea has been found to reduce risk of diabetes by 42%. Catechins’ presence in it, decreases blood pressure, keeps blood sugar level in control, reduces chances of congestive heart failure.
5. Beauty enhancer: Green tea is a potent detoxifier. Rich in catechins (antioxidants), anti-aging, anti-inflammatory substances, it aids in binding metallic substances, toxins in the body and cleanses the blood. It is also extremely alkalizing, balances pH levels in the body. So with flushed out toxins, purified the blood, you get amazing, radiant skin due, all thanks to this beautiful beverage. Also, it prevents tooth decay, microbe overgrowth in the mouth and freshens the breath,
If you are really craving for a drink, then why not opt for the one which is healthy and satisfying- the green tea.
- India vs England: We Know It’s Going to Spin From Ball One, Says Ben Foakes
- Social media users expose hypocrisy of Muslim supporters of Joe Biden
- Rajasthan: Police officer suspended for sacrificing goat in Temple
- At Least 11 Dead on Bloodiest Day of Myanmar Protests Against Military Coup
- After Nepal Party Splinter, PM Oli’s Challenge to Prachanda
India vs England: We Know It’s Going to Spin From Ball One, Says Ben Foakes
Ben Foakes’ wicket-keeping skills were nothing short of brilliant as far as his India sojourn is concerned. On pitches where...
Social media users expose hypocrisy of Muslim supporters of Joe Biden
On Wednesday, Sameera Fazili, the Deputy Director of National Economic Council in the Biden administration, made her appearance at a...
Rajasthan: Police officer suspended for sacrificing goat in Temple
A sub-inspector in Rajasthan was suspended for sacrificing a goat at a Temple in Paradva village under Kasbathana area. Disciplinary...
At Least 11 Dead on Bloodiest Day of Myanmar Protests Against Military Coup
Myanmar police fired on protesters on Sunday in the bloodiest day of weeks of demonstrations against a military coup and...
After Nepal Party Splinter, PM Oli’s Challenge to Prachanda
File photo of Nepal PM Sharma Oli. (Reuters bank) Prime Minister Oli challenged the Prachanda-led faction to table a vote...
ENTERTAINMENT2 months ago
She Is the Blackest Girl In The World, Yet The Most Beautiful, See The Picture
ENTERTAINMENT2 months ago
Malaika Arora And Arjun Kapoor, Pictures From The Past 2020
NEWS2 months ago
Mukesh Ambani And Nita Ambani’s Grandchild Name Revealed, Congratulations To Parents Shloka Ambani And Akash Ambani
NEWS1 month ago
Cricketer Hardik Pandya’s Father Passed Away, Elder Brother Krunal Pandya Left The Tournament Midway
ARTICLES2 months ago
This Makar Sankranti Is Becoming Very Auspicious Coincidence, Do Any One Of These 5 Measures, The Doors Of Fate Will Open For You