COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the recently discovered coronavirus. The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes. The virus enters the body via nose, mouth and eyes. Some recent studies suggest that virus may be airborne and can be spread through fine infected droplets that remain suspended in the air in closed air-conditioned environments of offices, AC cabs-buses, shopping malls and theatres due to absence of cross-ventilation, even when you are not in direct contact with an infected person. A patient and survivor have several questions in their mind. Here are a few answered:
What do I do if my symptoms persist?
Recovery period is different from person to person. Don’t worry, take advice from your consultant for further treatment and follow-up.
When is it safe for me to end isolation?
Talk to your doctor. In general, you can resume contact with other people after:
• You have had three days without fever
• It has been at least 17 days since you first experienced symptoms
• Your symptoms are improving. If you have a suppressed immune system or other special conditions, your doctor may recommend a longer period of isolation and/or further testing.
When can I resume my office duty?
You can resume your work routine after:
• At least 17 days since you first experienced symptoms
• You have recovered from symptoms and regained energy levels
I was not tested again after the first COVID positive test – do I need to worry that I may still be positive and infect others?
Someone who has completed quarantine or has been released from isolation is not in the infective period and does not pose a risk of infection to other people and does not need to be tested again.
Can I get re-infected with COVID-19?
Most people who are infected with the COVID-19 virus, whether or not they have symptoms, produce antibodies (proteins that fight infections) and fighter cells. For those recovered, the chances of reinfection appear to be very low in the first three months after the initial infection. And it’s possible that even after that, the low levels of antibodies may be able to protect against reinfection.
Can people without symptoms transmit the virus?
Yes, infected people can transmit the virus even when they don’t have symptoms. This is why it is important that all people who are infected are identified by testing, isolated, and, depending on the severity of their disease, receive medical care. These measures break the chain of transmission.
Can I get COVID infection without ever being in close contact of a COVID positive person?
Yes, you can. Recent studies indicate that COVID can spread through tiny droplets that remain suspended in the air for long. In closed spaces with inadequate ventilation, a COVID positive person can leave such tiny droplets hanging in the air which can be circulated by the air-conditioning systems. Hence, wearing a mask at all times is important.
How can we use air conditioning safely at home?
• A temperature between 24-300C should be maintained while operating ACs at home.
• While, a relative humidity level of 40% to 70% is considered to be the most suitable as it decreases problems from pathogens.
• Recirculation of cool air by room air conditioners, must be accompanied by outdoor air intake through slightly open windows and exhaust by natural exfiltration.
• Centralized air conditioning should be avoided if infected and non infected persons live in the same house. Individual air conditioning units should be used in separate rooms.
Can we use room coolers (evaporative coolers):
• Yes, you can. Evaporative coolers must draw air from outside to ensure good ventilation.
• Evaporative cooler tanks must be kept clean and disinfected and the water drained and refilled frequently.
• Windows must be kept open to release humid air.
• Portable evaporative coolers that do not draw outdoor air are not recommended, since their cooling reduces with humidity rising inside the space.
• Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Guidelines
• WHO guidebook for Support for Rehabilitation Self-Management after COVID19- Related Illness
• US- Centre for disease Control (CDC)
First Prize Winners to get Rs 50 lakh
The West Bengal Lottery Sambad’s Dear Bangabhumi Ajay result is announced by the West Bengal State Lottery department on their official website – lotterysambadonline.com at 4 pm. The ticket holders of the West Bengal lottery can check the result by using their ticket numbers. One can buy tickets for this popular lottery game at Rs 6 for each ticket from any of the legalized lottery shops across the state. Here’s how you can check the Wes Bengal Dear Bangabhumi Ajay lottery result.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the West Bengal lottery department at www.lotterysambadresult.in
Step 2: On the homepage of the official website click on the link that reads “Dear Bangabhumi Ajay lottery 4 PM”
Step 3: You will be directed to a new page where the list of winning lottery ticket numbers will be displayed
Step 4: Match your ticket number with the winning numbers to see if you have won any of the Dear Bangabhumi Ajay prizes
If your lottery ticket number is mentioned in the list, then you will be eligible to win multiple prizes of up to Rs 50 lakh. The minimum prize that one can win is Rs 250. There is also a consolation prize of Rs 1,000.
First prize: Rs 50 lakh
Second prize: Rs 9.000
Third prize: Rs 500
Fourth prize: Rs 250
Consolation prize: Rs 1,000
The participants of the West Bengal Thursday lottery, whose number is on the winning list must report to the State Lottery department office within 30 days from the declaration of the result on May 14. Winners will have to submit their winning ticket along with valid identity proof to the lottery office for the mandatory verification process. The prize money will be given to the winners after completion of the verification process and deduction of tax if applicable.
Anupamaa Loses Top Position to Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin
Anupamaa has finally lost its top position to Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin. The Broadcast Audience Research Channel has released the viewing pattern of the Indian audiences in between May 1 and 7. Here are the top five shows on Indian TV:
Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin
Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin, with Neil Bhatt, Ayesha Singh and Aishwarya Sharma in the lead roles, has taken top position on the Television Rating Point (TRP) chart. GHKPM had been chasing Anupamaa for weeks and has finally been able to beat it in the race to become the week’s top show.
Anupamaa, which has Rupali Ganguly playing the titular role, is on the second spot for the first time in months. Earlier, the physical absence of the lead actors from the episodes on testing positive for Covid-19 also could not affect its viewership. However, in this week Anupamaa’s silence on her divorce might have caused it its top position.
A few weeks ago, Imlie was trying to do what Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin has already done. Despite several efforts, Imlie could not beat Anupamaa in terms of viewership instead was left behind by Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin as well. All the three shows air on the same channel, Star Plus.
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chasmah is the only comedy show on the ratings chart. Many actors have been replaced in the show over the months, which has somewhat affected its strong viewership. TMKOC is no longer a permanent show on the chart and keeps appearing once in a while.
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2
Without Kokila and Gopi, two important characters of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, the show still manages to gain good viewership. Again, not a permanent on the chart but as and when story spices up it secures 4th or 5th position on the TRP chart.
Today on World Whisky Day, Raise a Toast and Celebrate Your Favourite Drink
World Whisky Day is celebrated on the third Saturday in May. This year the day is observed across the globe on May 15. Celebrated by whisky lovers at large, the day was founded in 2012. To make the occasion special, various tasting events, social gatherings and programs are organised.
Whisky is undoubtedly one of the classiest beverages one can buy. Sitting with a glass of whisky in one hand while listening to Mozart or Beethoven playing on a loop (through in a dash of cigar) in the background would be a whisky aficionado’s dream.
World Whisky Day was set up in 2012 by author and consultant Blair Bowman, who, when he was at university, decided to buy the domain name and set up a website that explored Scotland’s national drink.
Bowman even took to Twitter to wish all the whiskey lovers on the special day. “Today is the 10th annual @WorldWhiskyDay celebration. An idea I had in my head when I was 21 years old. Thank you to everyone who has raised a dram on WWD over the last ten years.” He also shared a video on his Twitter account saying, “The last ten WWDs in ten seconds”.
Today is the 10th annual @WorldWhiskyDay celebration. An idea I had in my head when I was 21 years old. Thank you to everyone who has raised a dram on WWD over the last ten years.
The last ten WWDs in ten seconds👇🥃😀 pic.twitter.com/o6ax6RPncN
— Blair Bowman 🥃 (@mrblairbowman) May 14, 2021
According to Bowman, World Whisky Day is, “all about making whisky fun and enjoyable. It’s not about being exclusive or prescriptive.”
10 Best Sex Toys Available Online Which Will Change Your Private Life (According To Sex Therapist)
We asked sex therapists to share the sex toys and products they think every grown-up should have in their bedroom....
(Viral) Here’s Come The Party Owl | Internet Trending Meme 2021
Internet is full of fun, specially if it's about the 'memes'. Recent snappy video of an Owl is getting viral...
Woman Gives Birth To 9 Babies | Created New World Record
It's a new world record has been set for the most number of birth given at a time, with a...
Shocking! List Of Bollywood Actors & Actress Tested Positive For COVID-19 (Updated 2021)
The number of Covid-19 cases in India are at a rise. Likewise, many Bollywood celebrities have also tested positive despite...
How To Make ‘Chilly Eggs’ Like Restaurant Style At Home?
Question: How to make restaurant style Chilly Eggs at home?Answer: Just watch the full video! If you like this video,...
- PM Modi had alerted CMs about Covid-19 second wave in 6 meetings May 15, 2021
- MP Plans Affordable Liquor Policy, 90ml Country Liquor Packs to Help the Poor, Stop Hooch Tragedies May 15, 2021
- Kid Reporter, Who Asked Obama to be His ‘Homeboy’ in Interview at White House, Dies at 23 May 15, 2021
- First Prize Winners to get Rs 50 lakh May 15, 2021
- All India Parisangh shares image from 2008 to target Modi govt May 15, 2021
- Govt, Admin, Public – All Dropped Guard After First Covid-19 Wave: RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat May 15, 2021
- 12-Year-Old Among 4 Killed as Slabs Collapse in Ulhasnagar Building, 1 Missing May 15, 2021
- IDF says demolished building that housed Al Jazeera was used by Hamas May 15, 2021
- West Bengal Governor meets poll violence victims in the state and Assam May 15, 2021
- 12 Killed, Over 300 Injured in Tornado Strikes in China’s Wuhan and Suzhou Cities May 15, 2021
NEWS4 weeks ago
US, Japan Pledge To Build Free, Open, Accessible, Diverse & Thriving Indo-Pacific
NEWS2 weeks ago
Delhi govt books 240 hotel rooms for Covid-19 treatment of govt officials
NEWS3 weeks ago
Fully-vaccinated Americans Don’t Need to Wear Masks Outdoors Unless in a Big Crowd: CDC
HEALTH2 weeks ago
How To Manage Mental And Emotional Well Being After Recovering From Coronavirus
HEALTH3 weeks ago
Things To Follow In Home Quarantine; People Around Should Take Precautions
HEALTH2 weeks ago
Wearing A Mask Is Necessary; What’s The Right Way To Wear It
HEALTH2 weeks ago
How To Manage Physical Well Being After Recovering From Coronavirus
NEWS2 weeks ago
‘White Supremacy is Terrorism’: President Biden