The Thrissur Pooram is an annual event held at the sprawling Thekkinkadu Maidan in Thrissur city on the pooram asterism in the Malayalam month of Medam. The festival is a gathering of Pooram and jumbo lovers around the globe who could be seen dancing to the rhythm of percussion instruments.
Thrissur Pooram 2021 Date:
Thrissur Pooram is celebrated today, April 23, at the Vadakkunnathan (Shiva) Temple in Thrissur. The festival this year will be held without people’s participation, considering the surge in Covid-19 cases in the southern state, officials said here on Tuesday. A decision in this regard was taken by the state government on Monday. While the public will not be allowed to participate in the Thrissur Pooram 2021, the rituals of the festival will be conducted by the temple authorities.
Thrissur Pooram History:
The two-centuries-old Thrissur Pooram had its origin in 1798, through a royal edict of the then Raja Rama Varma, popularly known as Shakthan Thampuran, a powerful ruler of the erstwhile princely state of Cochin. The edict entrusted two local temples — Paramekkavu and Thiruvambady — as the main sponsors of the festivities to be conducted in a competitive spirit.Besides the main poorams by the two devaswoms, small poorams from nearby temples also participate in the festivities, which ends with the fireworks display.
Thrissur Pooram Significance:
It is an important festival for the residents of Thrissur and surrounding areas. People from all over Kerala come to this festival to pray to Lord Shiva. A huge procession is organised on this day with music and prayer. Elephants decorated with golden ornaments are also present in the procession. However this year government has put some restrictions due to rise in Covid-19 cases.
Thrissur Pooram 29021 celebrations:
A meeting of Paramekkavu and Thiruvambady Devaswom officials- the two major organisers of Pooram festival- convened by Thrissur district Collector on Tuesday agreed to organise the festival without spectators. The meeting decided to limit this year’s pooram festival to the ritual, officials said.
Although Paramekkavu Devaswom decided to scale down the pooram celebrations to be held on April 23, they will parade 15 elephants for the festival and organise famous Ilanjithara Melam, an assembly of percussion performance artistes held under Ilanji tree at the courtyard of the Vadakkunnathan Temple.
Thiruvambady Devswom said they will hold mere rituals as part of pooram and only one elephant will be paraded from their side, considering the super spread of Covid-19 in the district.
Last year also, the Pooram festival was held in a low key manner amid Covid-19 lockdown curbs with just a handful of people and inevitable rituals inside the famous Vadakkunnathan temple. Thrissur Pooram is known for the parade of richly caparisoned jumbos, performance of traditional music ensembles, fireworks and a sea of cheering people.
History, Significance and Celebrations of Eid after Ramadan
Eid ul Fitr is commemorated on the opening day of the Shawwal month and Muslims across the world pay their honour to Allah for offering them health and resistance through the month-long fasting time called Ramzan or Ramadan.
The occasion signifies the end of Ramadan, the Islamic sacred month of fasting and is observed by Muslims all across the world. Eid al-Fitr means the “Festival of breaking fast.” The date of Eid ul Fitr is decided after the sighting of the crescent moon. In India, Eid ul Fitr will be celebrated on Friday, May 14. On Eid ul Fitr, people wear new clothes, preparing delicacies and doing charity. They also visit their family and friends for festivities.
It is generally accepted that Prophet Muhammad received the first vision of the Holy Quran during the holy month of Ramzan. Eid al-Fitr signified the end of fasting from dawn to dusk throughout Ramadan and the opening of the Shawwal month. Eid ul Fitr is also observed to pay tribute to Allah for bestowing strength and courage during the month-long fasting customs.
It is a common belief that good actions are repaid 10 times in Islam and therefore the 30-day fasting season of Ramadan furnishes prosperity, harmony and peace to all individuals who endorse and dedicate themselves to the sacred cause.
Muslims across the world observe Eid ul Fitr by exercising prayers that are succeeded by a sermon shortly after sunrise. The day proceeds with devotees slipping in new clothes, offering greetings by saying “Eid Mubarak”, and also by sharing sweets. Children are given gifts and cash from elders which is termed as Eidi.
The celebration is unfinished without a comprehensive food menu including a host of delicacies like Haleem, Kebabs, Biryani, Nihari and mouth-watering desserts like Seviyan.
Eid Mubarak Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status, Messages, Photos and Greetings
Eid ul Fitr, an auspicious festival of Muslims, is celebrated with much fanfare globally. The date of Eid ul Fitr is decided after the sighting of the crescent moon. In India, Eid ul Fitr will be celebrated on Friday, May 14. On Eid ul Fitr, people wear new clothes, preparing delicacies and doing charity. They also visit their family and friends for festivities.
However, like last year, this year’s too Eid ul Fitr celebrations will be different as large gatherings are prohibited in view of the coronavirus pandemic. People are advised to say at home to protect themselves from COVID-19 and contain the spread of coronavirus.
Various Islamic leaders and governments across the world have asked people to offer prayers at home instead of gathering in large numbers at mosques. With coronavirus lockdown and social distancing norms in place, people can wish their near and dear ones through video calls, on social media or text messages.
Here are some of the messages which you can send to your family and friends on the occasion of Eid 2021.
1. There’s no greater blessing than that of Allah. There’s no greater happiness than that of attaining pure Bliss. Eid Mubarak to you and your family! Eid ul Fitr 2021
2. Eid is a day to cheer and to laugh with all your heart. It’s a day to be grateful to Allah for all of his heavenly blessings on us. Wishing you a Happy Eid 2021
3. Eid Mubarak! Seize the moment and be happy. Because very little is needed to make a happy life, it’s all within yourself and your way of thinking. Happy Eid 2021
4. Before we ask for happiness and prosperity, we should ask for mercy. May Allah shower his mercy on us. Eid Mubarak!
5. Accept the blessings of Allah with all your heart and forget the sorrows that burden your soul. Enjoy the moments you share with your family. Happy Eid!
6. Let this Eid be the occasion of sharing the love and caring for the people who need to be loved and cared. Eid Mubarak to all!
7. May this Eid bring joy and love to your heart and create all the opportunities of success for you! Eid Mubarak.
8. You can bring a smile on face even when I am feeling sad. A friend like is a treasure to keep forever. May Allah shower his blessings on you. Eid Mubarak dear!
9. May this Eid brings you joys unlimited, may all your wishes come true on this holy day, may Allah approve your kind deeds, forgive your disobedience and sins, and ease the suffering of all individuals around the globe. Eid Mubarak blessed by the grace of Allah. Eid Mubarak!
10. Eid is a day of sharing what we have and caring for others. May you have a wonderful Eid this year!
Shahi Imam Declares Eid Celebrations in India on Friday
Shahi Imam Ahmed Bukhari announces Eid al-Fitr to be celebrated on Friday, May 14 as Moon was not sighted on Wednesday. Earlier, the Saudi Arabia’s moon sighting committee on Tuesday night announced that the crescent or Shawwal moon had not been sighted. Therefore, Wednesday, May 12, will be the last day of the holy month of Ramadan, and the first day of Eid-al-Fitr will be celebrated on Thursday, May 13.
The festival depends on the lunar calendar and is celebrated across the world on the first day of Shawwal, the tenth month of the Islamic calendar Hijri. In India, the holy festival is marked on the second day of moon sighting in Saudi Arabia. Hence, Eid-ul-Fitr in India will be celebrated on Friday, May 14.
Eid al-Fitr Date:
In India, the month of Ramadan began on April 14. According to Islamic traditions, the tenth month begins with the sighting of the crescent moon in the sky. The sighting of the moon on the last day of Ramadan confirms the arrival of Eid al-Fitr for the next day. In India Eid-ul-Fitr will be observed on Friday, May 14.
The Shawwal moon is first sighted in Saudi Arabia, home to the holiest site of the religion, Mecca. After Saudi Arabia sights the moon, it confirms the date for Eid in other countries.
Festival of charity and gratitude
With the coronavirus pandemic ravaging through the country and other parts of the world, it is expected that Eid celebrations will be low-key. Eid al-Fitr is also known as a festival of charity and gratitude that brings deep spiritual awakening for its followers.
One of the five pillars of Islam is zakat that means charity and on this day followers believe in giving money, food, clothes and other items of necessity to the poor. In fact, many Muslims give Zakat before offering Eid prayers. Children also receive eidi from elders, which can be in the form of money or a gift.
The day signifies the value of togetherness, harmony and celebration of life. After a month of fasting, Eid al-Fitr also brings some hearty feast for its followers. The main dish of this festival is a sweet kheer or seviyan. Other food items include Biryani, kebabs, and nihari.
10 Best Sex Toys Available Online Which Will Change Your Private Life (According To Sex Therapist)
We asked sex therapists to share the sex toys and products they think every grown-up should have in their bedroom....
(Viral) Here’s Come The Party Owl | Internet Trending Meme 2021
Internet is full of fun, specially if it's about the 'memes'. Recent snappy video of an Owl is getting viral...
Woman Gives Birth To 9 Babies | Created New World Record
It's a new world record has been set for the most number of birth given at a time, with a...
Shocking! List Of Bollywood Actor’s & Actress Tested Positive For COVID-19 (Updated 2021)
The number of Covid-19 cases in India are at a rise. Likewise, many Bollywood celebrities have also tested positive despite...
How To Make ‘Chilly Eggs’ Like Restaurant Style At Home?
Question: How to make restaurant style Chilly Eggs at home?Answer: Just watch the full video! If you like this video,...
- Israeli actress Gal Gadot wishes for safety for Israel, gets hate from Islamists and ‘liberals’ in return May 13, 2021
- For Those Recovering from the Virus, Here is How Long to Wait Before Taking the Covid-19 Vaccine May 13, 2021
- History, Significance and Celebrations of Eid after Ramadan May 13, 2021
- Karnataka Temporarily Suspends Vaccination For 18-44 Age Group, Will Prioritise Second Dose May 13, 2021
- Eid Mubarak Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status, Messages, Photos and Greetings May 13, 2021
- Check Out Tithi, Shubh Muhurat, Rahu Kaal and Other Details For Thursday May 12, 2021
- Yogi Adityanath Takes Cognisance of Bodies Dumped in Ganga; UP-Bihar Govts Blame Each Other May 12, 2021
- No More Shortage of Oxygen & Medicines, Says MP Health Minister at Packed Hall in Indore, Congress Cries Foul May 12, 2021
- Maharashtra Cabinet Bats for Lockdown Till May 31; Vaccination for 18-44 Age Group Halted May 12, 2021
- 2 Crore Covaxin Doses to be Produced Per Month at PSU Plant in UP’s Bulandshahr May 12, 2021
NEWS4 weeks ago
US, Japan Pledge To Build Free, Open, Accessible, Diverse & Thriving Indo-Pacific
NEWS2 weeks ago
Delhi govt books 240 hotel rooms for Covid-19 treatment of govt officials
NEWS2 weeks ago
Fully-vaccinated Americans Don’t Need to Wear Masks Outdoors Unless in a Big Crowd: CDC
HEALTH2 weeks ago
How To Manage Mental And Emotional Well Being After Recovering From Coronavirus
NEWS2 weeks ago
‘White Supremacy is Terrorism’: President Biden
HEALTH2 weeks ago
Things To Follow In Home Quarantine; People Around Should Take Precautions
HEALTH2 weeks ago
Wearing A Mask Is Necessary; What’s The Right Way To Wear It
HEALTH2 weeks ago
How To Manage Physical Well Being After Recovering From Coronavirus