Walnuts or should we call them wonder nuts! Such potent, nutrient-dense nuts they are, that walnuts/akhrot worldwide have been considered as superfood.
Owing to its exceptional nutritional value, one cannot begin to fathom the range of healthy nutrients these brown nuts possess. They are brimming with omega-3 fatty acid, alpha-linoleic acid, fiber, protein, copper.
Besides, walnuts are known to comprise one of the highest concentrations of antioxidants, biotin, manganese, molybdenum, vitamin E and B6.
As a matter of fact, calling walnuts simply nutritious would be a bit of an understatement. The benefits of adding walnut to your diet are of paramount importance. Check out its benefits:
Boosts memory and brain health: Walnuts are a must to ensure your brain stays healthy. The wrinkly nut kernel consists of two bumpy lobes that look like abstract butterflies. The lobes resemble the human brain and rightfully cause immense cognitive improvement, neurogenesis. Due to the opulence of antioxidants, a combination of vitamins, minerals, a significant amount of alpha-linolenic acid, walnuts prove to be a protective agent for the brain. Consumption of a handful of these wonder nuts boosts concentration, motor coordination, information processing power.
Hence it is so also termed as brain food.
Boosts cardiovascular health: Walnuts contain a lot of polyunsaturated fatty acids. These are healthier than saturated fats and are highly beneficial for the functioning of endothelial lining (the lining inside our blood and lymphatic vessels). Walnuts promote good cholesterol, keeps heart diseases at bay, as a result.
Boosts mood: As compared to any other nut, walnuts are known to have an exceptionally, unique fatty acid profile. Moreover, the vitamin E, B6, folate and ellagic acid in walnuts, provide excellent nourishment for your nervous system. The presence of omega-3 fatty acids act as antidepressants, combating depression.
Boosts gut health: Taking an ounce of walnuts daily over a period of 2-3 months reduces several metabolic syndrome related problems; decreases abdominal adiposity (fat deposition), enriches the gut microbiome, boosts digestion.
Boosts immunity: Walnut may be a hard nut to crack but it sure serves as tough armor to foreign body attacks in your immune system. Packed with the richness of protein, anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats, antioxidant vitamin E, immune-strengthening vitamin B6 and copper, manganese, potassium, selenium, walnuts pump up your immunity.
Besides, walnuts keep your blood sugar in control, boosts bone health, nourishes skin, hair, prevents cancer.
Top 5 Reasons Why Green Tea is Good for you
Green tea, often touted as the ‘antioxidant elixir’, is one of the healthiest drinks one can think of. Since centuries, green tea has been held in high esteem for its medicinal properties.
It cushions us from many chronic ailments owing to its anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties; its ability to prevent cell damage, delay ageing, and endless other beneficial properties.
Brimming with healthy bioactive compounds green tea is an excellent hydrating drink.
A look at its benefits:
1. Averts cancer risks: Polyphenols present in green tea aid in killing the cancerous cells and prevent their growth. Subsequently, due to the powerful anti-carcinogenic properties, its consumption reduces chances of cancer in bladder, colorectal, lung, prostate, breast, skin, stomach, ovary.
2. Mood booster: Green tea possesses L-theanine which enhances levels of serotonin (happy hormone) and dopamine. As a result, it helps to relax the mind, make one feel calm, and also promote alertness. It is a stress reliever and concentration booster at the same time. It reduces the risks of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
3. Supports weight loss: Studies have revealed that replacing a soda with 1-2 cups of green tea everyday, will save 50,000 calories annually. Now that’s a whole lot of calories you dodged on your way to weight loss, if you opt for this healthy beverage instead of colas. Moreover, the benefit of enhanced metabolism on green tea consumption, is an additional bonus that helps burn the fat away.
4. Diabetic-friendly: Consumption of green tea has been found to reduce risk of diabetes by 42%. Catechins’ presence in it, decreases blood pressure, keeps blood sugar level in control, reduces chances of congestive heart failure.
5. Beauty enhancer: Green tea is a potent detoxifier. Rich in catechins (antioxidants), anti-aging, anti-inflammatory substances, it aids in binding metallic substances, toxins in the body and cleanses the blood. It is also extremely alkalizing, balances pH levels in the body. So with flushed out toxins, purified the blood, you get amazing, radiant skin due, all thanks to this beautiful beverage. Also, it prevents tooth decay, microbe overgrowth in the mouth and freshens the breath,
If you are really craving for a drink, then why not opt for the one which is healthy and satisfying- the green tea.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy Wrap: KKR’s Venkatesh Iyer Scores 198, Sreesanth Among Wickets Again
- India vs England: We Know It’s Going to Spin From Ball One, Says Ben Foakes
- Social media users expose hypocrisy of Muslim supporters of Joe Biden
- Australian media slam Justin Trudeau for abstaining vote against China
- Rajasthan: Police officer suspended for sacrificing goat in Temple
Vijay Hazare Trophy Wrap: KKR’s Venkatesh Iyer Scores 198, Sreesanth Among Wickets Again
Madhya Pradesh’s Venkatesh Iyer, who was signed by the Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2021 Indian Premier League auction, missed...
India vs England: We Know It’s Going to Spin From Ball One, Says Ben Foakes
Ben Foakes’ wicket-keeping skills were nothing short of brilliant as far as his India sojourn is concerned. On pitches where...
Social media users expose hypocrisy of Muslim supporters of Joe Biden
On Wednesday, Sameera Fazili, the Deputy Director of National Economic Council in the Biden administration, made her appearance at a...
Australian media slam Justin Trudeau for abstaining vote against China
On February 22, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his cabinet abstained from voting in Canada’s House of Commons to declare...
Rajasthan: Police officer suspended for sacrificing goat in Temple
A sub-inspector in Rajasthan was suspended for sacrificing a goat at a Temple in Paradva village under Kasbathana area. Disciplinary...
ENTERTAINMENT2 months ago
She Is the Blackest Girl In The World, Yet The Most Beautiful, See The Picture
ENTERTAINMENT2 months ago
Malaika Arora And Arjun Kapoor, Pictures From The Past 2020
NEWS2 months ago
Mukesh Ambani And Nita Ambani’s Grandchild Name Revealed, Congratulations To Parents Shloka Ambani And Akash Ambani
NEWS1 month ago
Cricketer Hardik Pandya’s Father Passed Away, Elder Brother Krunal Pandya Left The Tournament Midway
ARTICLES2 months ago
This Makar Sankranti Is Becoming Very Auspicious Coincidence, Do Any One Of These 5 Measures, The Doors Of Fate Will Open For You