Connect with us

NEWS

Banned Khalistani outfit Sikhs For Justice mints misery of Covid patients, promises cash and oxygen

Published

on

Banned Khalistani outfit Sikhs For Justice is minting the misery of the Covid-19 patients in India. It is trying to increase the number of its followers amidst the coronavirus pandemic by promising them cash and oxygen. As per the reports, the officials have called it an “oxygen conspiracy”. SFJ has promised Rs.3000 for the troubled Covid patients in Punjab, UP, Maharashtra and West Bengal. As per officials in Punjab, they have traced over two dozen calls that showed Gurpatwant Singh Pannu, the organization’s head has promised cash for the Covid-19 patients who need oxygen.

Screenshot of a tweet praising SFJ. Several tweets from such newly created accounts flooded the social media

Content of the recorded phone conversation

In the recorded message, it was said, “The pandemic is spread all over Punjab. Today, on the 35th anniversary of Khalistan Declaration Day, Sikh for Justice (SFJ) announces to provide Rs 3,000 to families whose members need oxygen. Visit www.oxy******jab.org and fill in your name and email. If any of your family members need oxygen, SFJ will provide it in 24 hours.”

They have launched multiple websites with a similar form to attract the people of Punjab. The Indian administration has banned both websites. If someone tries to open it, the website page will read, “Access has been denied because this page may contain potentially illegal content.” Punjab Police believes that at least 200-250 calls were made. However, the majority of the calls were cut a couple of seconds into the conversation.

In the form available on the banned website for Covid-19 support by SFJ, the fields include name, patient name, state, date of the Covid test, mobile number, and email address. Security agencies believe that Pannu would use the information collected via this website to show support his organization has in India. SFJ even issued a separate “WhatsApp helpline” for every state.

SFJ asked for name, phone number etc to provide support.

The content of the video

OpIndia got access to the full version of the video that SFJ has uploaded with claims that they would pay Rs 3,000 to Covid patients in the said four states. In the video, Pannu said that India is facing a humanitarian catastrophe and if Indians are helped, they can be saved. He then announced Rs 3000 for the Covid patients in the four states and added that they have to register on the website mentioned in the video to get the money.

Screenshot of SFJ’s video luring Covid-19 patients from Punjab, UP, Maharashtra and West Bengal to join his organization to get money for treatment

He tried to explain the difference between Sikhs and Indians during the announcement, hinting that Sikhs are not Indians. He said the Indians are black marketing oxygen, but Sikhs are coming forward to help in the time of need. He urged the Covid patients to join his organization to collect Rs.3000 for their treatment.

SFJ had called for independence of Maharashtra, West Bengal

In February 2021, Pannu had urged West Bengal and Maharashtra to declare their independence. He claimed that he had written a letter to Chief Ministers Uddhav Thackeray and Mamata Banerjee and “counselled” them to “unilaterally declare” independence of the two states from the Indian Union.

SFJ is a banned organization

Sikhs For Justice was banned by the Indian Government on July 10, 2019, under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act for anti-India activities. Its founder Gurpatwant Singh Pannu had been designated a terrorist by the Indian government. The organization has announced Referendum 2020, demanding a separate state of Punjab from India. Since its inception, the organization has been trying to lure the youth of Punjab with monetary rewards for instigating war against the Indian government.

Recently, SFJ had announced a cash reward for anyone who hoists the Khalistani flag on Red Fort or India Gate on Republic Day amidst ongoing farmer protests and tractor rally. Following his call, Red Fort was barged by a large group of people, and two flags with Sikh Holy symbol were hoisted.

OpIndia believes SFJ should not get a link back from our website. We have blackened/starred the website addresses and phone numbers on the screenshots of the videos and tweets. 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NEWS

All India Parisangh shares image from 2008 to target Modi govt

Published

on

On Saturday (May 15), Dalit organisation All India Parisangh (AIP) sparked controversy by taking potshots at the Modi government using a 13-year-old image. The organisation was founded by Dalit activist and Congress leader Udit Raj.

In a tweet, AIP wrote, “Unke ‘Mann ki baat’ kyu sunna, jab Ganga pe terti lasho par bhi khamosh raha.” It loosely translates as “Why should we listen to PM Modi’s monthly radio programme ‘Mann ki Baat’ when he is silent on dead bodies floating in the river Ganga?”. The Dalit organisation shared a picture of a dog mauling a human skeleton, along the banks of a water body. At the time of writing, the image was retweeted 167 times and had 463 likes.

Screengrab of the post by the All India Parisangh

By posting the image, the organisation tried to insinuate that it is a recent image showing the mortal remains of a Covid-19 victim whose last rites were not performed. Reports of bodies of Covid victims floating on Ganga river have emerged in the last few days, and All India Parisangh tried to say the image also shows such an incident.

What is the Truth?

It may be noted that the image posted by All India Parisangh has the watermark of Alarmy on it, an stock image platform. Popular Twitter user ‘Befitting Facts’ pointed out that the stock image from Alarmy dates back to February 20, 2008. The disturbing picture was taken by one Dinodia Photos RM and captioned, “Dog eating dead man on Varanasi ghat, Uttar Pradesh in India.” Given the picture dates back to 2008, it must be remembered that the BJP did not have its government at the Centre nor at the State level. And as such, the unfortunate incident is not the result of PM Modi’s negligence.

Screengrab of the image via Alarmy

Earlier, close to 100 unidentified and decomposed bodies were found floating in the Ganga, sparking fear among the locals in several districts of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. While 71 bodies were recovered from Bihar’s Buxar district, other 25 bodies were fished from Uttar Pradesh’s Ghazipur district with locals suspecting them to be the bodies of Covid victims.

After Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, in a horrifying video, at least half a dozen corpses were seen floating in the Runj river in the Panna district of Madhya Pradesh. Buxar police suspected the bodies might have floated from the neighbouring Ghazipur district of Uttar Pradesh. Authorities of both the districts were yet to confirm if the bodies were of Covid victims. As such, All India Parisangh seized the opportunity and shared a 13-year-old picture to blame the Modi government.

All India Parisangh compared Brahmins to pigs last year

Besides fake news, the Dalit organisation has been at the forefront of peddling Anti-Hindu hatred. It has time and again resorted to such vile derogatory casteist hurls targeting Brahmins, and resorted to the anti-Brahmin propaganda by posting an image of a pig wearing ‘Janeu’ – the sacred thread in July last year.

By openly propagating anti-Brahmin sentiments and comparing Brahmins to ‘pigs’, the Parisangh claimed that the Indian judiciary is only comprised of Brahmins. Expressing its contempt for the country’s judiciary, the Dalit organisation claimed that ‘Brahmin’ judges in the Indian courts only recommended fellow people from the community, who were then selected as judges by the third set of Brahmins. The derogatory comments were not only directed at the Brahmins of the country but also an attack on the independence of the judiciary.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Govt, Admin, Public – All Dropped Guard After First Covid-19 Wave: RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat

Published

on

File photo of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.

File photo of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.

Bhagwat said the country should stay united and work as a team in these testing times, instead of pointing fingers at each other.

  • PTI New Delhi
  • Last Updated:May 15, 2021, 19:21 IST
  • FOLLOW US ON:

After the first wave of COVID-19, the government, administration and public dropped their guard which led to the current situation, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said on Saturday and urged people to stay positive and proactive to fight the pandemic. Addressing a lecture series Positivity Unlimited’, Bhagwat said the country should stay united and work as a team in these testing times, instead of pointing fingers at each other.

“We are facing this situation because, whether it was the government, administration or public, everyone dropped their guard after the first wave despite indications from doctors, he said. Bhagwat said there is talk of a third wave. But, we will not be scared. We shall stand like a rock.

We have to stay positive and take precautions to keep ourselves COVID negative in the present situation, he said. The RSS chief said that this is not an appropriate time to point fingers and all should avoid making irrational remarks.

Citing England’s situation in World War II when everything seemed going against it, Bhagwat said a quote was written on the then prime minister Winston Churchill’s desk which read, “There is no pessimism in this office. We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They don’t exist”. Similarly, he said, in this situation we can’t give up on courage. We need to also have steely resolve.

Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here

Continue Reading

NEWS

12-Year-Old Among 4 Killed as Slabs Collapse in Ulhasnagar Building, 1 Missing

Published

on

Rescue operation at the Ulhasnagar building. (Image: Twitter/ANI)

Rescue operation at the Ulhasnagar building. (Image: Twitter/ANI)

The incident took place in a ground-plus four-storey residential building in camp no 1 around 1.40 pm.

  • News18.com Thane
  • Last Updated:May 15, 2021, 19:16 IST
  • FOLLOW US ON:

At least 4 people were killed after slabs of a residential building collapsed in Ulhasnagar town of Maharashtra’s Thane district on Saturday, Thane Municipal Corporation said. A 12-year-old child is among the four people who lost their lives. According to latest update, one person is still missing.

The incident took place in a ground-plus four-storey residential building in camp no 1 around 1.40 pm, said Santosh Kadam, chief of the regional disaster management cell of the Thane Municipal Corporation.

A slab on the fourth floor came crashing down on other slabs, trapping people in the process, he said. Local firemen rushed to the scene and rescued 11 residents, who were taken to a local hospital for first aid, the official said.

A team from the Thane Disaster Response Force is at the scene to help firemen remove the debris and rescue five others who are trapped, he added.

(With inputs from PTI and ANI)

Read all the Latest News, Breaking News and Coronavirus News here

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Recent Posts

UPDATES