Connect with us

NEWS

Badminton Player Saina Nehwal Was Quarantined Due Corona, Report From Bangkok Hospital

Star badminton player Saina Nehwal has been infected with the Corona virus. Apart from Saina, another shuttler HS Prannoy has also been found to be Corona positive.

Published

on

The Thailand Open is bad news for Indian badminton fans. Star badminton player Saina Nehwal has been infected with the Corona virus. Apart from Saina, another shuttler HS Prannoy has also been found to be Corona positive. Both have been quarantined for 10 days in a Bangkok hospital. However, when these shuttlers arrived in Thailand with full tussle of Indian badminton, they did not come to Corona. After reaching there, his result was negative in the test, only after which he was allowed to practice.

According to the information received, this is the second time Saina has received Corona positive. She was cured of the Corona virus just one week earlier. Saina was found positive in the corona examination on Monday during the third test.

In Thailand, Saina and Prannoy were to participate in the BWF-100 badminton tournament which has started from 12 January. Both Saina and Prannoy will have to withdraw from the tournament after getting corona positive. At the same time, Saina Nehwal’s husband and bandminton Khiladi Parupalli Kashyap has been placed in the quarantine.

Being infected with the Corona virus again is a big setback for Saina Nehwal, as the Yonex Thailand Open will be played from January 12 to 17. This will be followed by the Toyota Thailand Open from 19 to 24 January and the BWF World Tour Finals from 27 to 31 January. Earlier, her husband and bandminton player Parupalli Kashyap was also infected with Corona virus.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

NEWS

Saudi Media to Biden Administration on US Move Against Crown Prince

Published

on

Syria Govt Says it Has Covid-19 Vaccine; Doesn't Say from Where


Saudi Arabia’s sovereignty is a red line, Saudi columnists said on Sunday, ramping up rhetoric in defence of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman after a US intelligence report implicated him in the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Prince Mohammed, de facto ruler of the US-allied Gulf powerhouse, has denied any involvement in the 2018 murder of Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

The US administration on Friday imposed sanctions on some of those involved, but spared the prince. Washington released an intelligence report saying the crown prince had approved an operation to capture or kill Khashoggi.

“America does not have the right to bully a strategic regional ally and it is not in its interest to let domestic differences harm its regional interests and those of its partners,” Khaled al-Malik wrote in local Al Jazirah newspaper.

President Joe Biden’s decision to publish the report withheld by his Republican predecessor Donald Trump, who enjoyed strong ties with Prince Mohammed, brings with it a refocusing of Washington’s stance on dealing with the kingdom, on its human rights record, and on its lucrative arms purchases.

Malik said Saudi Arabia, which has relied on the United States for its defence including during the first Gulf War and after 2019 attacks on its massive oil infrastructure, could look to China and Russia for weapons.

“But the kingdom prefers America due to their historic and strategic ties and common goals,” he said, referring to Iran.

Biden, who has ordered a review of Saudi arms sales, said his administration would make an announcement on Saudi Arabia on Monday.

Abdullah al-Otaibi, writing in London-based Asharq al-Awsat newspaper which is Saudi-owned, said the kingdom, Washington’s oldest Arab ally, was “not a banana republic to be shaken by threats”.

The Saudi government has repeated previous statements that Khashoggi’s killing was a heinous crime by a rogue group, for which a Saudi court jailed eight people last year.

”We want to strengthen deep-rooted ties (with the US) but not at the expense of our sovereignty. Our judiciary and our decisions are a red line,” Fahim al-Hamid wrote in Okaz newspaper.

Since the US report was released, many Saudis have flooded Twitter with the hashtag “We are all Mohammed bin Salman”.

Saudi Arabia’s highest religious authority issued a statement on Sunday rejecting the report as “false and unacceptable”. The head of the kingdom’s morality police tweeted that it was a duty under Islam to defend the kingdom and its leaders.



Continue Reading
Advertisement "Pages & Posts Ads Section"

Recent Posts

Trending

%d bloggers like this: