Kidney disease is a major health concern that many people across the globe are the facing today. However, inculcating a few simple rules in your daily life can help you keep your kidneys healthy and enhance the overall efficiency of your body as well.
Sujit Chatterjee, CEO of Dr. L H Hiranandani Hospital, lists down the golden rules to follow to keep your kidney healthy:
Avoid Too Much Medicines & Pain Killers
Intake of too many medicines is one of the major reasons for kidney failure and other chronic kidney diseases. So, whenever possible, go for natural therapies and if possible, go for Ayurvedic alternatives.
Keep Blood Sugar in Control
Having excessive blood sugar is never good for your kidneys as to filter the same your kidneys will have work even harder. This, in the long term, can increase the chances of kidney failure. So, check your sugar levels regularly and take every necessary precaution to keep them under control.
Keep Yourself Hydrated
The wonders that regular water intake can do for the body are uncountable and keeping your kidneys healthy is one of them. So, ensure that you drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day, as it helps in removing harmful toxins from the kidney, lowering the chances of harmful kidney-related diseases.
Maintain a Healthy Weight
Being overweight means increased pressure on your organs and more toxin accumulation in the body. So, ensure that you avoid the same for better functioning of your body and to lower the chances of any harmful disease.
Avoid Excessive Smoking & Drinking
Smoking and drinking increase the burden on your kidneys by increasing the number of toxins in the body. This can cause a heavy toll in the long term, so make sure that you avoid both to make sure that your kidneys remain healthy for a long time.
Keep a Check on Blood Pressure
High blood pressure can cause serious problem for your kidney and in the long run, can even lead to kidney failure. If you face high blood pressure then consult your doctor immediately and get proper treatment.
A healthy diet helps you in keeping every organ of your body at full efficiency and energy levels elevated. For better kidney health make sure that you eat a diet that is low on sodium. Some of the best options that can go for are egg whites, blueberries, fish, whole grains, and cauliflower.
Working out regularly not only help your body loose toxins faster but also help in improving the overall body functioning. So, exercise at least 5 times a week and ensure that you follow this in the long-term with proper consistency. Yoga is a good option for maintaining healthy kidneys.
Routine Body Check-ups
Having full-body checkups on a routine basis is extremely important as it will help you in knowing about any serious problem in the early stages and eliminating the same before it becomes dangerous for your body. Make sure that you get the checkups done at least 2-3 times in a year.
Top 5 Reasons Why Green Tea is Good for you
Green tea, often touted as the ‘antioxidant elixir’, is one of the healthiest drinks one can think of. Since centuries, green tea has been held in high esteem for its medicinal properties.
It cushions us from many chronic ailments owing to its anti-viral, anti-bacterial properties; its ability to prevent cell damage, delay ageing, and endless other beneficial properties.
Brimming with healthy bioactive compounds green tea is an excellent hydrating drink.
A look at its benefits:
1. Averts cancer risks: Polyphenols present in green tea aid in killing the cancerous cells and prevent their growth. Subsequently, due to the powerful anti-carcinogenic properties, its consumption reduces chances of cancer in bladder, colorectal, lung, prostate, breast, skin, stomach, ovary.
2. Mood booster: Green tea possesses L-theanine which enhances levels of serotonin (happy hormone) and dopamine. As a result, it helps to relax the mind, make one feel calm, and also promote alertness. It is a stress reliever and concentration booster at the same time. It reduces the risks of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
3. Supports weight loss: Studies have revealed that replacing a soda with 1-2 cups of green tea everyday, will save 50,000 calories annually. Now that’s a whole lot of calories you dodged on your way to weight loss, if you opt for this healthy beverage instead of colas. Moreover, the benefit of enhanced metabolism on green tea consumption, is an additional bonus that helps burn the fat away.
4. Diabetic-friendly: Consumption of green tea has been found to reduce risk of diabetes by 42%. Catechins’ presence in it, decreases blood pressure, keeps blood sugar level in control, reduces chances of congestive heart failure.
5. Beauty enhancer: Green tea is a potent detoxifier. Rich in catechins (antioxidants), anti-aging, anti-inflammatory substances, it aids in binding metallic substances, toxins in the body and cleanses the blood. It is also extremely alkalizing, balances pH levels in the body. So with flushed out toxins, purified the blood, you get amazing, radiant skin due, all thanks to this beautiful beverage. Also, it prevents tooth decay, microbe overgrowth in the mouth and freshens the breath,
If you are really craving for a drink, then why not opt for the one which is healthy and satisfying- the green tea.
- India vs England: We Know It’s Going to Spin From Ball One, Says Ben Foakes
- Social media users expose hypocrisy of Muslim supporters of Joe Biden
- Rajasthan: Police officer suspended for sacrificing goat in Temple
- At Least 11 Dead on Bloodiest Day of Myanmar Protests Against Military Coup
- After Nepal Party Splinter, PM Oli’s Challenge to Prachanda
India vs England: We Know It’s Going to Spin From Ball One, Says Ben Foakes
Ben Foakes’ wicket-keeping skills were nothing short of brilliant as far as his India sojourn is concerned. On pitches where...
Social media users expose hypocrisy of Muslim supporters of Joe Biden
On Wednesday, Sameera Fazili, the Deputy Director of National Economic Council in the Biden administration, made her appearance at a...
Rajasthan: Police officer suspended for sacrificing goat in Temple
A sub-inspector in Rajasthan was suspended for sacrificing a goat at a Temple in Paradva village under Kasbathana area. Disciplinary...
At Least 11 Dead on Bloodiest Day of Myanmar Protests Against Military Coup
Myanmar police fired on protesters on Sunday in the bloodiest day of weeks of demonstrations against a military coup and...
After Nepal Party Splinter, PM Oli’s Challenge to Prachanda
File photo of Nepal PM Sharma Oli. (Reuters bank) Prime Minister Oli challenged the Prachanda-led faction to table a vote...
ENTERTAINMENT2 months ago
She Is the Blackest Girl In The World, Yet The Most Beautiful, See The Picture
ENTERTAINMENT2 months ago
Malaika Arora And Arjun Kapoor, Pictures From The Past 2020
NEWS2 months ago
Mukesh Ambani And Nita Ambani’s Grandchild Name Revealed, Congratulations To Parents Shloka Ambani And Akash Ambani
NEWS1 month ago
Cricketer Hardik Pandya’s Father Passed Away, Elder Brother Krunal Pandya Left The Tournament Midway
ARTICLES2 months ago
This Makar Sankranti Is Becoming Very Auspicious Coincidence, Do Any One Of These 5 Measures, The Doors Of Fate Will Open For You