The Union Health Ministry on Monday issued guidelines for Covid-19 vaccination of children aged between 15-18 years and precaution dose to healthcare and frontline workers, and those above the age of 60 with comorbidities.
The guidelines comes, two days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on Saturday that vaccination for children between 15-18 years will start from January 3, while precaution dose for healthcare and frontline workers would be administered from January 10. Over 90% of the adults in the country has been covered with at least one dose while 62% have got their both doses.
The Health Ministry said that the precaution dose would be provided from January 10.
Here are some of the guidelines for the precaution dose.
– The prioritization and sequencing would be based on the completion of 9 months (39 weeks) from the date of administration of second dose.
– Those above 60, who have already received both the doses, will be given the third dose on doctor’s advice.
– All the healthcare workers and those aged 60 years or above with comorbidities will be able to access the vaccination for precaution dose through their existing Co-WIN account.
– Co-WIN system will send SMS to such beneficiaries for availing the precaution dose when the dose becomes due (i.e. 9 months after second dose).
– Registration and appointment services can be accessed through both, the online and the onsite modes.
– The details of administration of the precaution dose will be suitably reflected in the vaccination certificates.
Meanwhile, the health ministry’s guidelines for those aged 15-18 include:
– All those aged 15 years or more will be able to register on Co-WIN or in other words those born in 2007 or before are eligible.
– The beneficiaries can self-register online through an existing account or can also register by creating a new account through a unique mobile number.
– The beneficiaries can also register onsite by the verifier or vaccinator in facilitated registration mode.
– The option for vaccination would only be available for Covaxin as this is the only vaccine with EUL for the age-group 15-17.